United Kingdom Phone Books
UK Directory Enquiries includes England, Scotland and Wales (Great Britain) plus Northern Ireland. Dialling country code: 44.
UK White Pages from 192.com:
If you're researching your family history, historical telephone directories for the UK
are now searchable online: British Phone Books 1880-1984 (free trial).
- UK white pages directory for people and businesses. Free results have phone numbers and full addresses including postcodes. There are also premium searches of the electoral roll and other sources to find people who do not have an entry in the phone book.
- Excellent directory for people (select "people finder") and businesses in the UK (including islands). You need to enter both "who" and "where", but the "where" can be any part of an address, including part of a street name anywhere in the country.
- UK Phone Book
- To see any listings (of businesses and people), you have to register (for free). The searches are a little more flexible than the BT site, finds people or business "near" a place so location is less crucial. Now limited to five free searches a day.
- BT Directory Enquiries
- British Telecom's Directory Enquiries service, giving phone numbers of people and businesses in the UK. The place, or at least part of postcode, needed for each search. Number of searches per day/month is limited for each user. Includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Guernsey.
- Number Check
- From 2004 June 25 it is illegal to cold-call a UK business that is listed on the telephone preference service opt-out list. Number Check will show if a number is on the list, or on the fax preference list. Requires free registration.
- Comprehensive Yellow Pages directory for businesses in the UK.
- Excellent fast business directory (no listings for people) for the UK. Full addresses and phone numbers, and additional information for some listings.